Go To Content
Current Location Home > Main Tree > Service > Marriage & Census Administration
  • print
  • Go Back

Q&A for Non-household Registered New Resident Health Insurance Allowance Application

1. Which new residents are entitled to apply for allowance? Non-household registered new residents who been approved as low income or middle-income households (including those who have lost their spouses and remain unmarried, or those who have been divorced and are raising minors alone in Taiwan), provided that they have already joined national health insurance.

2. Who may apply for the grant?
(1) Applicants who can apply for the grant include the spouse of a Taiwanese citizen from a low or middle-income household. (2) Under any one of the following circumstances, the new resident may make the application: 1. A new resident whose spouse is deceased and remains unmarried. 2. The spouse of a Taiwanese citizen has gone missing and never been found 6 months after the missing person was reported to the police, and who comes from a low or middle-income family. 3. A new resident who has been divorced from a Taiwanese citizen and who is raising minors alone in Taiwan. 4. A new resident who has independently participated in this insurance, has the low or middle-income household qualification and who is a domestic violence victim holding court protection order or other certifications issued by relevant law enforcement or administrative agencies, or holding relevant certificates certified and issued by the Insurer.

3. How much national health insurance fee is subsidized?
(1) For non-household registered new residents who come from low-income households, their excess will be fully subsidized. (2) For non-household registered new residents who come from middle to low-income households, half their excess will be subsidized.

4. How to apply for the allowance? What documents are required?
(1) The applicant should fill out the National Health Insurance Excess Allowance Application Form for Non-household Registered New Residents and file an application at various regional service centers or offices of the National Health Insurance Administration, MOHW (hereafter referred to as NHI) along with related documents. (2) The documents required include 1. A copy of the national identity card of the applicant and proxy. 2. A copy of the resident certificate. 3. A copy of the applicant’s household certificate. 4. A copy of the missing person’s report. 5. Valid domestic violence restraining order. 6. Low or middle-income household certificate (validated by the NHI and related municipalities)
  • Data update: 2019-02-25
  • Publish Date: 2019-02-20
  • Source: Civil Affairs Bureau
  • Hit Count: 455